School starts tomorrow in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. The tropics are heating up, keep an eye on “Issac” at the end of this week. So, with all this going on, that must mean that the Florida Region’s racing program is getting back under way! Enough with the summer vacations!!
And yes our racing program is back for the remainder of the season, there is a race coming up at Homestead-Miami Speedway, September 15th and 16th! Get on dlbracing.com and get your workers, drivers, and crews registered.
* Hey all you Mazda Miata drivers, Florida Region SCCA has scheduled another Miata Madne$$ due to popular demand! All Miata’s are able to race this event! READ your SUPPS!
SM RACE RULES – The conduct of the Spec Miata race will be run under the ECR rules. Refer to the SEDIVSCCA website under ECR @ www.sedivracing.org. SM Race Competitors are responsible for obtaining the ECR Rules and Regulations. There will be one mandatory 5 minute pit stop during this race.
Payout for this race will awarded as follows:
* Read those supps, we will not be racing NASCAR 3 & 4, we will be racing the road race course only. More great info included in the supps, read them sometime. Mike Finn, our Race Director, spends a lot of time writing them and getting them approved for each event.
* Your Chief Registrar Lori Vitagliano and I get notified when you have problems registering in dlb. If we aren’t able to help you, then the great Beth Mills at dlb addresses your concern.
* Does your car need an annual tech? Just contact Tim Lee, Chief of Tech,(954-491-0719 and leave a message) he will come to you to tech your car, or arrange for one of his qualified scrutineers, John Callahan, Jay Vitagliano, or Carrie DeLeon to assist you.
* Rennie Bryant is working hard to make sure that everyone will have trophies for the event. I hope you are enjoying receiving your trophy at impound. This great idea seems to be working for all.
* This is just a short list of the people who are working their tails off behind the scenes to provide you with the best event possible. Next time you see them, include John Zuccarelli, Bob Ricker, Pat Ricker, Shannon Wadsworth,, and Bob Lee and give us a thumbs up and a smile.
Jupiter Waterfront Inn – Need a hotel while participating at the Palm Beach International Raceway? It is located on the beautiful Intercoastal Waterway with views across the water to Jupiter Island’s nature conservancy. The newly remodeled inn will embrace you with spacious rooms and gracious hospitality. They can offer you the best of the Old Florida experience, offering visitors an array of natural pleasures – the beautiful sea, white sandy beaches, plentiful fishing and diving grounds, majestic bird and animal life, fun boating and idyllic sunny days spent beach combing, relating and enjoying friends and family. Tell them Florida Region SCCA sent you, we may even see you there!
Moore Design Solutions – Affordable Web Site Design & Services, www.mooredesignsolutions.com, email@example.com. Paula Moore built this fabulous Web Site for Florida Region SCCA. It is more than user friendly, even I can keep the Web Site maintained and up-to-date. Tell her Florida Region SCCA sent you to receive your special discount!